Tuesday 14 June 2011

An old friend .....




For years I have listened to the music of Joan Baez. I can't even remember when the first occasion was where this lady with Spanish boots came into my life; but what I do know is that for me it feels like she was singing to me even when she was in her mother's womb.

She has accompanied me on all my travels; not always just by the physicality of her music but in the DNA we both share through the politics of our beliefs and in the imagination that takes shape from the lyrics that her lilting voice gifts me. A sister, she has been with me when thunder clouds sit dark in my mind or when the towering mountains of Bhutan have held my breath with it's magnificence....she stays close with me.....always.

Thank you dear friend. I still sit in the shadow of your voice and know I will grow old listening to the stories of your heart.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. 'The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind'...
    How wonderful is utube, just a couple of clicks and 'Open Sesame'...
    Joan Baez happens to be among my favorite singers too, her soberness is so far from the extravagance of a certain Lady G, who with her green hair, scampy clothing & suggestive dance has a drawn millions of fans. 'We shall overcome some day' such vulgarity!

    ReplyDelete